Thursday, October 09, 2008

Xubuntu, I'm choosing you... later.

(Yeah.  My laptop couldn't handle Ubuntu.)

Right now I should be asleep.  

Instead, my mind is reeling from a few things.  For instance, nailing a $1200 JVC HTDV for a mere $300.  Primarily, probably, it's the discussion over here.  Please, someone come save me before I make an ass of myself.  I feel like I'm considering ideas and methods that are beyond my understandings.

Maybe that's why I'm feeling particularly non-euclidean at the moment.  Like I might implode if my thoughts wandered a certain direction.

The second largest ingredient to my mania is the fact that I need to wake up from my nap in three hours, to go to the Meaningful Play Conference. (Link on the left)

Only, I don't really have a plan for what I want to see.  So, I'll map it out here.

8:00a-9:00aRegistration and Continental Breakfast on the 2nd floor of the MSU Union [Ballroom]

9:00a-9:15aConference Welcome [Ballroom]

9:15a-10:15aThe Game Designer as Change Agent by Richard Hilleman (Keynote) [Ballroom]
10:45a-11:45pEmergent Gameplay(Papers) [Green Room]
1:15p-2:15p
Talent, Incentives, and Infrastructure: Growing the Game Industry in Michigan (Panel) [Parlor C]
2:45p-3:45pPlayer-Centered Design for Instructional Gamesby Robert Appelman and Sonny Kirkley (Speaker)
4:00p-5:00pThe Unknown Possibilities of Existence by Ian Bogost (Keynote)
6:00p-8:00pConference Reception, Game Exhibition, and Poster Session (Reception) at East Lansing Technology Innovation Center

I have no idea what the hell is going on with that formatting.  I apologize for the silliness.  I'll post my plan for the rest of the conference, tomorrow.

Note to self: When you wake up, grab a notebook and pack some nice clothes to bring with you.  As well as your cell phone charger.

No comments:

Post a Comment