Sunday, March 23, 2008

Blogspam #1

First, dear future readers, forgive me for the rapid-fire posts which are about to commence. I have a lot to catch up on.

Due to my membership in the Darkfall clan Oromea, I got to sit in on a developer IRC open house for Exanimus. A zombie MMOG in the works.

I'm kind of worried, because RCT (Rotting Corpse Team - the devs) seems to be composed of a good chunk of people from outside the gaming industry. They say they've gotten a large part of prototyping out of the way, and are working on their middleware products playing nicely together. I don't know what to make of that exactly - I almost translate that as 'we have a ton of money, let's see what we can do.'

Jealousy is probably a large part of that, though. I'd love to take a look at their design document and see what kind of mechanics they're planning. The forums have spurred a bit of creativity within me and I have some pretty cool ideas that I'd like for them to implement. Hopefully, one day, they'll notice my wonderful posts and let me in on it. I think having an online world of dramatic horror would be simply amazing - with zombie abilities reaching into the meta-physics of horror. Causing survivors to stumble or trip with fear, reload slowly or drop the reload altogether...

...I can hear the heartbeat getting louder as the zombies get closer...

No comments:

Post a Comment